Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Re: Slaves in a free world

It feels great to be alive
people like me now
I smile as I do up my Timberland boots,
I thought people would would like me for who I am
how wrong I was without my boots
nobody looked at me
nobody cared
they even used to laugh at me
for not having my boots
but now I am free
as free as a bird
flying through the sky in her Timberland boots.

I used to feel so cold
alone, unheard of, invisible almost
noone cared, noone asked, and noone wanted to listen
waiting for that moment for a look and a smile
when everyone was having fun
just a glimpse was what I pined
a glimpse of what could be
long empty nights
cold dark days
pretending something was of importance
knowing that I could vanish without a blink of an eye
noone would shed any tears
noone would tell my story
but now I have my boots!!

People care, listen, smile and even ask
my feelings are alive
as they race through people's minds
being approved my the social masteries
of the modern mind.

My friend once called me an introvert when she saw me talk on life
she then called me an extrovert when she saw me with friends
finally she settled for "introvert-extrovert" as it made sense
I was so happy to be defined by her wisdomery
Even though her words captured only the part of the moment
And my moments were never the same
For her I fitted the box,
without my bots she would never have looked
I dont care if nothing is real
I am alive in this world!! This world of words.

What then do we strive for?
A sense of what is real,
or a sense of recognition?
The real is a lonely place when I once lived, noone noticed,
noone wanted to accept, to see was a inconvenience>

My eyes may be glazed,
my mind fuzzy
bending with the moods of the fashioned minds
people laughed at my hat last year
but now it is cool, so I was early?
sometimes I still race
into the unknown mess
where words mean nothing
but incomplete noise.

A gentle swig of the Rum, some fake smells,
and a taste of oversensationed plastic
Always brings me back to the world happiness
the world where my boots tell the world I belong.















No comments:

Post a Comment